《仲夏夜之夢》英文版是莎劇中最常被搬演也是最受歡迎的喜劇,亦為莎翁眾多劇本中少數極具原創性的劇本。
Egeus and Hermia上場
Egeus: Hermia, you have to marry Demetrious, the best guy in the city.
荷米亞,你必須嫁給狄米崔斯,這城中最好的年輕人。
Hermia: I’m sorry, Dad! I can’t be his wife.
爸爸,抱歉。我不能成為他的妻子。
Egeus: Why do you refused to marry Demetrius? He is really a worthy
gentleman!
你為什麼拒絕嫁給狄米崔斯呢?他是一個真正的紳士。
Hermia: But I don’t love him. I’ve fell in love with Lysander.
但是我不愛他。我已經愛上了萊賽德。
Egeus: Lysander? Is he better than Demetrious? No!
萊賽德?他會比狄米崔斯好嗎?不!
Hermia: Oh! Dad! Demettrious had ever said that he love my friend,
Helena, and she, a sweet lady also love him deeply.
喔!爸爸,狄米崔斯曾說過,他愛我的朋友—海倫娜,而這一個甜美女孩也深愛狄米崔斯。
Egeus: No matter what you say, I’ve decided to let you marry to
Demetrious. I stick to do this!
不管你怎麼說!我已經決定讓你嫁給狄米崔斯了,我堅決這樣做。
Hermia: I won’t give my heart to the person who I never like.
我不愿把我的心交給一個我不曾喜歡的人。
Egeus: If you don’t marry Demetrious, I’ll use the ancient right of
Athens, asking to put you to death according to our law! (下)
如果你不嫁給狄米崔斯,根據我們的法律,我將用雅典的古律法要求判你死刑。
Hermia: Oh! Please, please do not! My dear father! Don’t you love me
any more? Don’t give me up, please!
本文來源:http://www.nvnqwx.com/wenxue/juben/426068.htm