《仲夏夜之夢》,是英國劇作家威廉·莎士比亞創作的一部喜劇,經過改編的英文劇本是怎么樣的?
A Midsummer Night's Dream
——《仲夏夜之夢》
Author: William Shakespear
Hermia---劉成露 Lysander、Oberon---葉環
Helena---鄭怡愷 Demetrious---姜莉莉
Egeus、Puck、旁白---張玉立
ACT 1 (In the city)
第一幕 (城中)
旁白:There was a law in the city of Athens which gave its citizens the power of forcing their daughters to marry whomever they pleased. For if a daughter refused to marry the man her father had chosen to be her husband, the father has rights to put her to death.
在雅典有一條法律賦予市民權力,可以強迫他們的女兒嫁給他們所喜歡的人,因此如果女兒拒絕父親為她選的丈夫,依據這條法律,父親可以自行判她死刑。
(Hermia正在梳頭,突然她的父親Egeus走了過來)
Egeus: Hermia, you have to marry Demetrious, the best guy in the city.
伊吉斯:荷米亞,你必須嫁給狄米崔斯,這城中最好的年輕人。
Hermia: But I don’t love him. I’ve fallen in love with Lysander.
赫米婭 :但是我不愛他。我已經愛上了萊賽德。
Egeus: Lysander? Is he better than Demetrious? No!
伊吉斯:萊賽德?他會比狄米崔斯好嗎?不!
Hermia: Oh! Dad! Demetrious had ever said that he loves my friend, Helena, and she, a sweet lady also loves him deeply.
赫米婭:喔!爸爸,狄米崔斯曾說過,他愛我的朋友——海倫娜,而這一個甜美女孩也深愛狄米催斯。
Egeus: No matter what you say, I’ve decided to let you marry Demetrious. 伊吉斯:不管你怎麼說!我已經決定讓你嫁給狄米崔斯了,我堅決這樣做。
Hermia: I won’t give my heart to the person who I never like.
赫米婭:我不愿把我的心交給一個我不曾喜歡的人。
Egeus: If you don’t, I’ll use the rights to put you to death according to our law! (拂袖而去)
伊吉斯:如果你不嫁給狄米崔斯,根據我們的法律,我將用雅典的古律法要求判你死刑。
pole(音樂起,Hemia哀求父親無果,蹲在地上傷心地啜泣……)
Hermia: Oh! Please, please do not! My dear father! Don’t you love me any more? Don’t give me up, please!
赫米婭:喔,不要,請不要這么做,親愛的父親,你不再愛我了嗎?請不要放棄我。
(Lysander走過來發現心愛的Hermia正在傷心……)
Lysander: Sweet Hermia, my love! What’s going wrong? Let me wipe your heart-breaking tears!
萊賽德:親愛的荷米亞,我的愛人,怎麼回事?讓我擦掉你那心碎的眼淚。
Hermia: My father said that unless I marry Demetrious, he’ll put me to death! What can I do?(用無奈的眼神盯著Lysander)
赫米婭:我爸爸說,除非我嫁給狄米崔斯,否則他將處死我,我該怎么辦?
(我要我們在一起)
Lysander: Fear not and hear me. Tomorrow night, I’ll wait for you in the wood a few miles outside the city. If you really love me, going far away from this sad city with me.
萊賽德:不要害怕并聽我說,明天晚上,我將在城外幾里的樹林里等你,如果你真的愛我,就和我一起逃離這傷心的城市吧。
Hermia: I will ,because I love you so.
赫米婭:我會的,因為我如此愛你。
Lysander: Keep promise, See you tomorrow night! (二人依依不舍的分開了)
萊賽德:一言為定,明晚見。
[Hermia 的好友Helena 來找她,無意間聽到了他們的的對話]
Helena:I will go to tell Demetrious of fair Hermia’s flight.
海倫娜:我要去告訴狄米崔斯,美麗的荷米亞將要離開。
Act 2 (In the forest)
本文來源:http://www.nvnqwx.com/wenxue/juben/426067.htm