We Are Not Alone(我們不再孤獨)

After my husband died suddenly from a heart attack on the tennis court, my world crashed around me.
丈夫在網球場死于突發心臟病之后,我的世界崩潰了。
My six children were 10, nine, eight, six, three and 18 months, and I was overwhelmed with the responsibilities of earning a living,
我的六個孩子分別只有10歲、9歲、8歲、6歲、3歲和18個月,我被壓倒了,要謀生,
caring for the children and just plain keeping my head above water.
照顧孩子,我只能使自己免于負債,湊和著活下去。
I was fortunate to find a wonderful housekeeper to care for the children during the week,
我幸運地找到了一個出色的女管家在一周的工作日內照顧孩子們。
but from Friday nights to Monday mornings,the children and I were alone, and frankly I was uneasy.
但從星期五晚上到星期一早上,我和孩子們就很孤獨,坦白地說我有點心神不安。
Every creak of the house,every unusual noise,
房子里每種吱吱作響的聲音、任何一種不同尋常的噪音、
any late-night phone call-all filled me with dread.
以及任何深夜的電話鈴聲都使我充滿了恐懼,
I felt incredibly alone.
我感覺到難以置信的`孤獨。作文地帶。
One Friday evening I came home from work to find a big beautiful German shepherd on our doorstep.
一個星期五的晚上我下班回家,在我們的門階上發現了一條碩大而又漂亮的德國牧羊犬。
This wonderful strong animal gave every indication that he intended to enter the house and make it his home.
這頭令人驚奇強壯的動物給人暗示:他打算進入這棟房子,并把它作為他的家。
I, however, was wary.
然而,我有所警覺,
Where did this obviously well-cared-for dog come from?
這條明顯照顧良好的狗來自何方?
Was it safe to let the children play with a strange dog?
讓孩子們與這條陌生的狗玩耍,安全嗎?
Even though he seemed gentle,
即使他似乎很溫和,
he still was powerful and commanded respect.
但他仍然是強大而又讓人敬畏的。
The children took an instant liking to “German” and begged me to let him in.
孩子們立刻喜歡上了“German”,并乞求我讓他進屋。
I agreed to let him sleep in the basement until the next day,
我同意讓他在地下室睡到第二天,
when we could inquire around the neighborhood for his owner.
到時可以在周圍鄰近地區詢問他的主人。
That night I slept peacefully for the first time in many weeks.
那天晚上是我許多星期以來第一次睡得這么安穩。
The following morning we made phone calls and checked lost-and-found ads for German’s owner,
第二天早上我們又是打電話,又是在失物招領廣告中查詢German的主人,
but with no results.
但毫無結果。
German, meanwhile, made himself part of the family and good-naturedly put up with hugs, wrestling and playing in the yard.
期間,German把自己當作了這個家庭中的成員,在院子里態度和善地容忍孩子們的擁抱、扭斗和戲耍,
Saturday night he was still with us, so again he was allowed to sleep in the basement.
【情感故事我們不再孤獨】相關文章:
1.孤獨的淚情感故事
2.我們不再說晚安
5.情感故事傷感
6.情感故事大全
7.情感故事文章
8.情感故事
本文來源:http://www.nvnqwx.com/wenxue/gushihui/1914306.htm